Financial Planning & Analysis Controller
You are the contact person for commercial finance in the Belgium Finance Team. You will report into the Accounting & Compliance manager, as a member of the Finance team. You will work with the Country Managing Partner and the Head of Operations to ensure that the firm's financial performance is better than budget and in line with strategic objectives around profitability improvement.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Managing the budgeting and reforecasting process for the Practice Groups and Business Services areas, this involves participating in detailed discussions with the Head of Operations and each budget holder and updating the budget model, and regular reforecasts
- Monthly reporting on the P&L and working capital for local management, highlighting key issues for discussion and proposing actions/solutions
- Working on ad-hoc projects with a specific group, this can include reviews of a particular client/sector,
- developing business plans, (and tracking future performance against these), preparing financial
- modelling for assessment of team restructure/new hires and analysis of promotion business cases
- Providing finance support to Business Services managers and meeting with them to help them
- understand the key financial issues they need to address. Liaise with budget holders to support their
- understanding of their results and work with them to monitor costs
- Analysing monthly management information (including performance statistics), identifying problems/issues, highlighting these to the team concerned along with workable solutions
- Possess a high level of commercial acumen and analytical and numeracy skills
- Proven experience of delivering on simultaneous tasks
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Great team working skills and a passion for delivering results
- Able to work independently and adapt to change
- Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales
- Outstanding ability in the use of Dutch and English, both oral and written (French is a plus)
- Experience in a professional services environment is a plus
Interesse in deze vacature?
U kan uw gegevens en CV in onderstaand formulier invullen of u kan u ons ook rechtstreeks mailen via firstname.lastname@example.org
After graduating, I had to choose a direction for kicking off my professional career.
I studied Business Economics and wanted to learn how to become an entrepreneur. I wanted to start in Finance but I had no idea about what the possibilities were. Captains of Finance guided me step by step.