Finance Business Partner
Captains of Finance is a HR service provider specialized in both recruitment and outsourcing of finance professionals. We focus on Financial/Business Controllers, Business Analysts and Treasury professionals.
Reporting to the Finance Director, our customer is looking for a strategic and influential Finance Business Partner, with a hands-on and proactive attitude, to strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees.
Scope of your job
The Finance Business Partner (“FBP”) is a key partner to the department heads, works together with the Chief Accountant to ensure the accuracy of the financial accounts and is accountable for the annual budget and long-range planning processes, including implementing improvements in the related core tools and processes. The FBP will also be a key contributor to the further implementation of the customers’ ERP system, especially related to setting up the reporting requirements and KPIs.
• Act as the strategic partner to the CSO and COO and their direct reports covering Discovery, Development and CMO/Supply Chain and can “get behind the numbers” to understand and communicate key drivers within a business
• Building trust and strong working relationships across different levels of management to become an influential business partner while prioritizing and focusing on high impact activities
• Consult with the department teams and project leads to draw up a financial budget / long range planning, both at the group level and project level
• Prepare, challenge and explain budgets and forecasts in coordination with department heads and recommend/help implement actions to bring performance back to budget if performance deviates
• Support the grant request process by working together with the project leaders to determine budgets according to the rules of the funding institution/grantor for various project proposals and optimize the financial processes to ensure that the periodic reporting on existing projects is properly completed
• Analyze CAPEX investment proposals together with the business responsible, including rationale for the investment, calculation of expected financial return, and recommend company level funding reallocations if necessary
• Work together with the Chief Accountant to ensure accuracy of period-end financial closings by providing business expertise, assistance with the completeness/accuracy of field trials and other business accruals, and reviewing final output
• Establish KPIs and analyze business performance to identify, investigate and understand operational results (e.g. project costs, standard COGS, etc.) and recommend improvement opportunities
• Provide ad-hoc analysis/insights/reports on specific issues (e.g. develop business cases for new business opportunities together with Business Development)
• Pro-actively collaborate on continuous improvements that enhance quality of the external and management reporting
You have / you bring :
• Master’s degree in finance or other relevant disciplines and knowledge of IFRS
• Experience of driving improvements in processes to increase efficiency
• Experience supporting and challenging budget holders / managers in a similar finance business partnering role
• Experience in implementation and use of financial dashboards/analysis tools
• Proficiency in data manipulation tools – Excel is essential, Power BI etc. is desirable
• Motivated to grow in your role in a dynamic and changing environment
• Resilience in challenging circumstances: ability to work under pressure, remaining calm but decisive
• You are able to integrate quickly in the complex environment of a growing, innovative organization
• Capable of articulating the IFRS P&L implication of commercial and operational decisions in plain business language
• Proven ability to communicate complex matters to a non-financial audience and to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office 365 and various ERP systems; PowerBI is a plus
• Based in the Ghent area and speak Dutch and English fluently
Interesse in deze vacature?
U kan uw gegevens en CV in onderstaand formulier invullen of u kan u ons ook rechtstreeks mailen via email@example.com
After graduating, I had to choose a direction for kicking off my professional career.
I studied Business Economics and wanted to learn how to become an entrepreneur. I wanted to start in Finance but I had no idea about what the possibilities were. Captains of Finance guided me step by step.